Wednesday 9 September 2015

My Music Obsession: It Drives Me Wild


'Wild' by Troye Sivan

Troye Sivan's new EP is a hauntingly beautiful string of lyrics and sound.


'Wild' follows Troye's previous EP, 'TRXYE' with it's minimalistic synth pop and captivating voice. I found that the lyrics had more depth to them than 'TRXYE' and were given more power through the serious yet calming tone, which is something that makes Troye's voice stand apart from other indie artists. He performs some form of lyrical hypnosis to create a peaceful atmosphere that feels like you're inhaling pure sound, floating in the air with his words.

The record opens with the title track, 'Wild' - a perfect sing-along introduction of escapism and love, followed by the echoing music box melody of 'Bite'. 'Fools' is laced with lyrics of regret alongside a powerful electro pop beat which can also be heard in 'Ease', which is acompanied by the beautiful harmonies of singing duo Broods. The verses of 'The Quiet' are almost monotonous, creating a wonderful build up to the chorus, coming to a close with the humming waves of 'DKLA'.

Although the individual tracks could be more distinct, 20-year-old Troye Sivan has formed yet another powerful EP filled with beats that mainstream music lovers will adore with a unique sound, and is definitely one to watch out for in the music industry.

-
What did you think of my first music review? It was very different to how I write book reviews, but I enjoyed it. Would you like me to do more? If so, let me know! I'd love to hear your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment