Tuesday 27 October 2015

Top 10 Tuesday: Halloween Edtion - Haunting Books

Top 10 Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is Halloween themed, and I have chosen to list some spooky reads:


1. 'The Book Thief' by Markus Zusak - You will not find a better portrayal of death in fiction anywhere. Perfect if you're looking to read something that will stay with you, but not too spooky.

2. 'The Collector' by John Fowles - If you want to feel super uncomfortable, this book is for you. 'The Collector' is not a personal favourite of mine as I found the end of it rather disappointing, but the creepiness cannot be denied.

3. 'And Then There Were None' by Agatha Christie - You cannot trust anyone in this book. It's filled with the unexpected and the mystery is held out until the very end.

4. 'Half Bad' by Sally Green - This book is very dark for YA and would make a great October read.

I am not one for scary stories, but I do love those that stay with you. If you can think of any hauntingly good books (in the spooky sense or otherwise) then mention them in the comments below. I'd love to hear your recommendations.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting picking the Book Thief to go on a Halloween list, but I totally get it now that you say it! I absolutely love that novel. I've never read the other three on here, but I have heard of them, and I feel like I should give them a try :)
    Thanks for sharing! Here's my ttt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Book Thief is amazing. The Collector is creepy (and honestly because of that I didn't like it that much because of that and because we had to read it in school), And Then There Were None was a good mystery and Half Bad is just a dark YA. I think I'm just not much of a fan of scary stories! Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. I'm really looking forward to the final book of the Half Bad series!

    Check out my TTT and my Halloween Giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And Then There Were None is one of my favorite books!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/10/top-ten-tuesday-10-literary-halloween.html

    ReplyDelete