Tuesday 10 November 2015

Top 10 Tuesday: Book to Movie Adaptations (ones I need to watch, ones I will watch again, and ones that need to happen)

Top 10 Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is book to movie adaptations:


Book to movie adaptations I still need to watch

1. Divergent - I've heard good things about the movie, and although I remember little of the book and still haven't finished the series I would like to see it.

2. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay part 1 - It feels as though the general hype for this series has died down, but it still holds a special place in my heart. Catching Fire was so true to the book so I cannot wait to see how they've adapted Mockingjay. I might wait until part 2 is released though, that way I can watch part 1 and 2 back to back.

3. The Scorch Trials - I believe I've made it fairly known how I feel about the ending of this series, but I did really enjoy the first movie perhaps even more than the book itself. There seem to be a lot of changes happening with the movie adaptations, and for once I am happy with that.

4. Lord of the Flies - There are a couple of movie adaptations for this, and I started watching one version in class but never got to finish it.

5. To Kill a Mockingbird - Another adaptation that I started to watch in class but we never got round to finishing. I actually saw the play before I read the book, and was blown away by the impact the story had. I have tried to convince my parents to read the book, but if they don't then the movie might be the next best thing. Everyone needs to know this story.

6. Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters - I saw The Lightning Thief before reading the series, and although it was not too popular I actually really enjoyed it. Then I read the books and I understood why fans of the books were not too keen on the film. I still want to see the Sea of Monsters anyway, as nothing could ruin this series for me.

7. Cloud Atlas - The book is so uniquely structured that I cannot imagine how it would look on the screen.

Book to movie adaptations that deserve a re-watch

8. The Harry Potter Movies - I think I've seen all of them, or at least most of them, but in bits and pieces from whenever they are shown on TV. A full marathon is in order.

9. Lemonade Mouth - Yes, Disney Channel Original Movies tend to be terrible, but Lemonade Mouth surpasses this stereotype. I would even go as far as saying it is better than the High School Musical movies, and they were a huge part of my childhood. I am not ashamed to say this is probably one of my most watched movies.

10. The Book Thief - Quite possibly the best book to movie adaptation I have ever seen.


Bonus 1: Book to movie adaptations that need to happen

11. The Land of Stories - It would need to have amazing sets, gorgeous costumes and super animation for it to be pulled off, but it isn't impossible. Once Upon a Time pulled it off, so can The Land of Stories.

Bonus 2: Movie to book adaptations I need to read

12. The Isle of the Lost (Descendants book 1) - I adored the Disney Movie Descendants when I watched it with my siblings for the UK television premiere and this book acts as a prequel. Plus I love everything Fairytale, so this book is perfect for me.


Book to movie adaptations is a topic I love to talk about, so comment below if you've seen or want to see any of these adaptations and we can discuss our opinions.

5 comments:

  1. Nice list I realized that I forgot to add The Book Thief to my list this week too as I still have to read this book or watch the movie adaptation.

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/11/top-ten-tuesday-ten-book-to-movie.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I could not recommend it enough. It's incredibly loyal to the book and just as haunting and beautiful.

      Delete
  2. The Book Thief -- yes, that a good one. My TTT: http://eahoornaert.com/2015/11/10/top-ten-tuesday-movie-adaptations/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen The Scorch Trials yet either!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/11/10/top-ten-tuesday-30/

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Kill a Mockingbird is a really lovely adaptation of the book. And I totally agree about The Book Thief adaptation--so beautiful! And yes yes yes we all need more Harry Potter in our lives :)

    Thanks for sharing :)

    My TTT: https://greenishbookshelf.wordpress.com/2015/11/10/top-10-tuesday-10-favorite-adaptations/

    ReplyDelete