Tuesday 21 June 2016

Favourite 2016 Releases so Far

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
For me, 2016 releases have been kind of hit and miss. I've loved some and hated others. But no time for hate! I'm going to spread some love about some beautiful books published this year.


1. Seven Ways We Lie by Riley Redgate - I rarely enjoy contemporaries, but this one redemed the genre for me. It's told from 7 perspectives, each person representing a deadly sin, and it's incredibly well structured and written.

2. Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell - Short, sweet, and as relatable as any Rainbow Rowell book ever has been.

3. Radio Silence by Alice Oseman - This went so beyond my expectations. It was really relatable and so strong on representation that I can't understand why the blogosphere hasn't been raving about it yet.

4. Paper Girls volume 1 - I haven't read many graphic novels but this was so cool. I loved the art style and the colour scheme so much.


5. The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater - I will never be over this series. What a finale. 

6. A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab - After reading this I need to read every Victoria Schwab book. Her writing is incredible and her stories are so exciting. I don't know if I'm ready for this series to end.

7. Jane Steele by Lyndsay Faye - This was super cool and everything the blurb promised. It's Jane Eyre as a serial killer! Who wouldn't want to read that?

No comments:

Post a Comment