Tuesday 8 November 2016

Ten Books that are New to the Queue

Top 10 Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
You may be surprised to know that I like to keep my TBR relatively short. I only ever add a couple of books to it every few months - and that's only if they're by authors I already love, have been recommended to me repeatedly, or simply have a concept that is incredibly inticing and impossible to not pick up. With that in mind, here are 10 of the most recent books that managed to worm their way onto my TBR.


1. Running Girl - a recommendation from a friend
2. Our Dark Duet (Schwab) - I was in a slump when I read This Savage Song so I want to reread it and read the sequel because I've loved everything else Victoria has written
3. Vengeful (Schwab) - I'm obsessed with Vicious so I need the sequel yesterday
4. The Near Witch - I'm pretty much obsessed with everything Schwab

5. The Diviners - Fantasical murder mystery in the 20s? sign me up
6. Miss Peregrine's - The movie trailer looks freaking awesome
7. Now I Rise - historical ficition isn't normally my thing but I loved And I Darken so hopefully book 2 will be just as good, if not better


7. Shadowplay - I absolutely loved Pantomime and I need to find time for this sequel
9. Magpie Murders - I've never read any of Anthony Horowitz's books but the premise sounds so good and I need more murder mystery books in my life
10. Because You Love to Hate Me - A bunch of short stories about villains - yes please!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVED The Diviners! It's so good. I'm really excited about Now I Rise too.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'M SO GLAD. I've heard so little about it but it sounds so awesome. Now I Rise is definitely something I highly anticipate for next year - I'm really hoping it's a worthy sequel!

      Delete
  2. The Diviners looks good!! It seems like I am always adding books to my ever growing reading wishlist after reading TTT threads like this week's TTT post.

    Here's my TTT post for the week:
    http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2016/11/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-ive-added-to.html

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been debating if I should read The Diviners for ages because I've heard nothing about it but
      1. that cover!
      2. that blurb!!!
      Also I know exactly what you mean. Seeing people talk so much about awesome books makes them so much harder to resist. RIP to our TBRs!

      Delete